The Pacte Industrial of the Barcelona Metropolitan Region presented on 14th July the document “Guide on Local Initiatives Towards Energy Transition in Industrial Parks”, drawn up by Verónica Kuchinow and Anna Lluís, of Símbiosy, with becomes the 13th Dossier of the Pacte Industrial association, coordinated by Carles Rivera.
The presentation took place at the Masia Can Serra in Rubí as part of a session entitled “Energy transition in industrial parks: An opportunity towards a local world”, and was attended by Ana María Martínez, Mayor of Rubí; Carles Ruiz, President of the Executive Committee of the Industrial Pact and Mayor of Viladecans; Eloy Álvarez Pelegry, director at Orkestra’s Energy Department; Carles Riba, director of the CDEI-UPC and president of the CMES (Organization for a New Sustainable Social Energy Model), and Antoni Fuentes, journalist for El Periódico. It also included the presentation of some of the energy transition projects detailed in Dossier 14, specifically those promoted by Rubí, Viladecans, Granollers, Mataró, Barberà del Vallès and Sabadell, which were explained by their respective representatives.
This Dossier 14 is intended to serve as a guide and a presentation of practical cases to municipal councils and local actors in order to help them develop their potential to promote the process of energy transition by implementing different actions within the industrial parks they are located. According to the study, promoting energy transition is an investment that will contribute to avoiding major costs in the future caused by climate change.
Press release (in Catalan)
Pacte Industrial Dossier 14 (in Catalan)
Pacte Industrial Dossier 14 (in Spanish)
- Pacte Industrial Dossier 14, Verónica Kuchinow (in Catalan)
- Eloy Álvarez Pelegry (Orkestra – Basque Institute of Competitiveness) (in Spanish)
- Carles Riba (CDEI-UPC) (in Catalan)
- Carlos Rodríguez (UPIC) (in Spanish)
- Rubí Brilla project (Ajuntament de Rubí) (in Catalan)
- Low-energy Industrial Urban-park project (Ajuntament de Viladecans) (in Catalan)
- EcoCongost project (Ajuntament de Granollers) (in Catalan)
- Tub Verd project (Ajuntament de Mataró) (in Catalan)
- Simbiosi industrial project (Ajuntaments de Barberà del Vallès i de Sabadell) (in Catalan)